Blog Directory About Yoga And Its Benefits: Experience of regular practice of yoga

Sunday 18 November 2012

Experience of regular practice of yoga


Believe it or not, Yoga is much more than an ancient form of discipline that stems from India. Today, it has spread amongst various cultures and countries and has changed the lives of thousands of people, including mine. The ‘Happy Yogi’ is not just a phrase; it is an actual, existing entity and all of us have the ability to become one. It is believed that as a child, everyone was familiar with the asanas (poses) of Yoga, but as we grow up we forget about it and hence, need to be taught again.
Practicing Yoga on a daily basis does not only bring unbelievable changes to our body but it also cleanses our mind. I was always aware of the benefits of Yoga but the lazy devil in me always took over and I never really got to practicing it until Art of Living. Being a little on the heavier side, I always thought that my body is not flexible enough to do the various poses of Yoga and this is a myth that many of us have. Yoga depends on flexibility, yes but it is also based on the state of mind. Yoga is a confidence booster and allows us to control our body and mind instead of the other way round.
The Surya Namaskar (Sun salutations) is considered to be one of the best forms of Yoga because it consists of excellent postures that are very beneficial. Doing a particular number of rounds of Surya Namaskar daily brought about a change in my health; reduced weight, purified mind and a healthy soul. Yoga can be tiring at first, but after I gave myself that initial lift, it inculcated itself as a part of my routine.
Yoga has cured many ailments of the knee, spine, hands etc. In my case, it helped me get over my almost-insomnia type condition. Due to the body movements, I could fall asleep easily instead of my regular habit of staying up till 3-4 am. Mainly, it washed over my whole body and I felt calmer and happier than before. At a point, when my leg was injured due to a fall, it was due to Sudarshan Kriya, Yoga and Meditation that I could move it again.
Yoga brings with itself complete peace of mind and subtlety. A number of studies and research theories by excellent universities prove that Yoga compliments science, personal experience proves that Yoga can change our whole lifestyle and our Master is the proof that Yoga is not an art or performing asanas, but it is a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment